Independence through Merchandise

Webbed Heartz takes on both fashion and a cause

Photo By A. Dantin

Wearing his Webbed Heartz zip-up, Tony Webb takes pride in his creative merchandise.

Eliza Phillips, Sports Co-Editor

Independently, Tony Webb (12) started a flourishing business called “Webbed Heartz” through creating original merchandise. Webbed Heartz’s purpose is to not only bring unique fashion to the community, but also to bring awareness to mental health issues and is a representation of how no one is alone when dealing with hardships in life. Webb’s decision in making his business plan has encouraged many students to come together and assemble a message that is positively impacting teenage mental health.

He started his clothing design business on Aug. 1, 2022, and it has sky-rocketed in sales since then.  Webbed Heartz is for anyone that is experiencing, recovering or has dealt with any emotional or psychological distress. The motto that the Webbed Heartz business uses is to “Webb he Heart Back Together.” In doing so, they provide great quality and high caliber clothes to benefit and add comfort to the healing process.

Webb has a drive for helping others and making a genuine impact on his classmates.

“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.  If you can dream it, you can do it. My brand name comes from my last name, which is Webb. My goal for my business is to provide great quality and high-caliber clothes with positive messages to encourage people,” Webb said.

His inspiration for his business comes from other big designer brands, including Louis Vuitton, Gucci and the famous entrepreneur Virgil Abloh. Having famous businesses as models to base his creativity shows how important and special he wanted this merchandise to be.

Nia Glover (11) loves the idea behind the Webbed Heartz merchandise.

“Tony is a good guy.  He’s genuine and a good listener, and his business was started for a great reason, which I admire,” Glover said.

The success and support of the school and the community have been tremendous for the brand. When Webb first started his business, he went from having zero sales to having almost 200 sales this year. His brand is still relatively new, but is growing rapidly each day. Webb has put in hard work and dedication to making the Webbed Heartz brand a successful business. The work and inspiration given by Webb is a positive example of how students can contribute the well-being of the world one person at a time.

Dakhori Brown (12) believes the extraordinary brand is interesting to many students because of its unique flavor.

“I like how the brand is different and not basic. It is unique, diverse and there are styles for everyone,” Brown said.